High School Rowing
Ages 14-18: Designed for the novice and moderately experienced rower, and athletes at the "Learning to Row" and "Youth Rec" stages. Athletes will train in groups during April and May and meet at the end of Mayfor the KRC High School Rowing Championships. See Registration page for detail.
Individuals who race in RCA Sanctioned Regattas that fall under the categories of: Coxswains, Junior A, Junior B, Lightweight, Masters, Senior, Under 23
YOUTH / UNIVERSITY COMPETITIVE
This is for experienced rowers developing their skills as racers and high-performance athletes. These individuals are training for regional, national & university varsity teams and train year-round. These athletes may have at least 2-3 years of rowing experience or have come through the Youth Rec or High School programs. Practices occur in the morning and evening. Competitive A will have 8 practices a week and competitive B will have 6 practices a week. Coaches will recommend which program an athlete will be in. Must be recommended by coaches.
- Competitive A $535
- Competitive B $435
Masters Competitive Is for mature seasoned athletes developing their skills as racers train for races and compete in local, regional, national and international regattas. Cost - $435
Experienced rowers only and prior approval needed Cost - $275
We also offer High School Rowing in the spring; Spring Competitive; Adult Learn to Row; Fall Rowing and Winter Training. For details on these programs, please contact us.
Development & Rec Programs
Individuals who do not race in RCA Sanctioned Regattas that fall under the categories of: Adaptive, Corporate Challenge, High School, Learn-To-Row, Novice, Recreational, Touring
YOUTH LEARN TO ROW (Ages 13-17)
2-week program offered Monday to Friday from 8:30 – 10:15. Participants will learn to row in a fleet of small rowing shells. Boat handling, boat safety, proper rowing technique, on water skills as well as dry land instruction on a rowing ergometer will be taught. Sessions will be limited to 8 participants to ensure a safe, high quality rowing experience.
- Session 1 – June 24 to July 5
- Session 2 – July 8 to July 19
- Session 3 – July 22 to August 2
- Session 4 – August 5 to August 16
Cost - $275
YOUTH REC (Ages 13-17)
This program is for our junior athletes (13-17 years) that have some rowing experience and maybe interested in training for competitions. We offer sessions 5 mornings a week. 2 evening sessions may be offered as well if demand requires it.
- Day Sessions – 10:30 to 12:15
Cost - $100 per week or $350 for 8 weeks (June 24- August 16)
ADULT LEARN TO ROW
This program is to introduce adults to the basic skills of rowing. This program is offered 2 times a week on Tuesday and Thursday for 4 weeks. Sessions will run from 6:15 pm to 8:00 pm. Limit of 8 people per session.
Skills being taught include boat handling and safety, proper rowing technique, on water skills as well as dry land instruction on a rowing ergometer.
Sessions will be limited to 6 participants.
- Session 1 – June 24 to July 19
- Session 2 – July 22 to August 16
Cost - $275
What can I expect at a practice?
- A warm up run or erg at coach's discretion
- Stretches and briefing on practice
- Main workout – May be a run, erg work, dry-land training, or on-water training
- Debrief – what went well and what did not, pointers, information about upcoming practices
What do I bring to practice?
- Appropriate clothing – Warm, a windbreaker for rain, workout clothes
- A change of clothes – For rainy days or water time, a change of clothes may be needed
- Running shoes – Both for erging and running
- WATER – Hydration is important!! Drink water before, during and after practice!
- 7/16th Wrenches
- The cost of each program covers registration, Rowing Canada Insurance, coaching, and equipment use.
- Additional costs may include team uniform, fees and costs associated with regattas, and travel.